Medvediev Romuald Bronislavovych
Candidate of Technical Sciences, Professor,
Teaching interests: Applied Theory of Automated Control for Processes of Chemical Technology (PCT), Control in PCT and Computer Technologies in Design of Control Systems, Identification and Modeling of Objects of Automation, Microprocessor Equipment: Controllers and Controller Related Software, Design of Control Strategies in PCT, Numerical Methods and Software Developing, Sustainable Development of Society
Research interests are in the field of Automated Control Systems for Processes of Chemical Technology.
In 1961, R. B. Medvediev graduated from Kyiv Polytechnic Institute, Faculty of Electrical Engineering, with the Master of Sciences degree in Computer Engineering. From 1961 through 1964 he was employed at the Institute of Cybernetics of the Ukrainian Academy of Sciences first as an engineer, then as a senior engineer, and as a leading engineer. R. B. Medvediev has spent the next 5 years at the Institute of Gas of the Ukrainian Academy of Sciences: first as a graduate student (1964-1967), then as a junior scientist (1967-1969). In 1969 he defended a Ph.D. dissertation in the area of Automated Control and was awarded a degree of the Candidate of Technical Sciences. In 1969-1972, R. B. Medvediev was employed by the Research and Design Bureau “Chimavtomatika” (Kyiv) as a Head of the Department of Control Systems, Vice-President for Scientific Affairs. In 1972, R. B. Medvediev has joined the Department of Technology of Inorganic Matters and General Chemical Technology (specialization in Chemical Cybernetics) of the Kyiv Polytechnic Institute. In 1975-1995 he worked as an Associate Professor and since 1995 as a Professor of the Department of Cybernetics of Processes of Chemical Technology.
Among significant pedagogical achievements of R. B. Medvediev is development of the computerized courses for students, jointly with the Ministry of Education of the USSR (1988-1991). Besides his educational activities, he has participated in research projects that resulted in various industrial applications. Under his leadership and with his participation the following systems have been developed and implemented: the system of automated control of production of electrical steel and synthetic ammonia out of the coke gas (Novolipetsk Steel Mill); the system of automated control of production of the multicomponent material in the fluidized layer apparatus (Shostka Plant for Chemical Materials), systems of automated control for various technological processes (Severodonetsk Chemical Plant). R. B. Medvediev authored /co-authored 5 textbooks, 8 patents, and more than a 200 of research papers published in academic and professional journals.
Phone: 0(44) 204-97-83
Selected research publications:
- Medvediev, R. B., Sanginova, O. V., and Zavjalov, A. D. Computerized system of monitoring and control for a water-chemical regime of a second contour of a nuclear power station with ВВЭР-1000 (in Russian)// Energetics and Electrification - 2007. - N 1. – pp. 134-141.
- Medvediev, R. B. and Sanginova, O. V. Mathematical software for a computerized system "Water-chemical regime of a second contour with VVER-1000" (in Ukrainian) // Proceedings of Zhytomyr State Technological University. - 2007. - N 1(40). - pp.155-163.
- Medvediev, R. B., Bondarenko, S. G., and Sanginova, O. V. Automated training system for control of a technological object (in Russian)// Proceedings of the 4th international conference "Research, development, and industrial applications of high technologies ". – St. Petersburg, Russia. Publ. St. Petersburg Tech. Univ, 2007: - pp. 348-349.
- Medvediev, R. B., Sanginova, O. V., and Bondarenko, S. G. Computerized training system for control of a technological object (in Russian) // Proceedings of the international conference “Mathematical methods in engineering and technology” - ММТТ-21, Saratov, Russia, 2008, v.9. – pp. 218-219.
- Medvediev, R. B. and Onikienko, I. I. Mathematical model for manufacturing of acrylic paint. Introducing a concept of sustainable manufacturing on Khmelnitska nuclear power station. (in Ukrainian) Theses of the first conference "Computer modeling in chemistry and chemical technology", Cherkasy, 2008. - p. 176.
Selected textbooks, educational materials, monographs, patents:
- Control of processes in chemical technology: tutorial (in Russian)/ R. B. Medvediev – 2nd Ed. – K. - : NTUU «KPI», 2012. – 192p.
- Computational Mathematics for Chemistry and Chemical Technology – textbook for majors in chemical technology (in Ukrainian). Branovytska, S. V., Medvediev, R. B., and Fialkov, Yu. Ya. // Kyiv, Polytechnika, 2004.
- Control of processes in chemical technology: tutorial (in Russian)/ R. B. Medvediev// Kyiv, 1994.
- Automated Control Systems for Technological Processes in Metallurgy. Medvediev, R. B., Bondar, Yu. H., and Romanenko, V. D. (in Russian) // Moscow, Metallurgy, 1987.
- Automated control and monitoring system for gas setting in a unit of continuous thermo-chemical processing for a transformer feed // Patent N 384904, State Committee, 1973.
- Numerical methods for engineering problems in chemical technologies. Tutorial (in Russian)/ R. B. Medvediev // Kyiv Polytechnic Institute, 1976.
- Method of control for the processes of ammonia synthesis // Patent N 941287, BI, N 25, 1982. A system of automated control for the processes of ammonia synthesis // Patent N 1033435, BI, N 29, 1983.
- A control method for the processes of ammonia synthesis // Patent N 3869005, BI, N 25, 1985. Method of automated control for the processes of dimethyldioxane synthesis // Patent N 1263691, BI, N 7, 1986.
- Branovytska, S. V., Medvediev, R. B., and Fialkov, Yu. Ya. Computational Mathematics for Chemistry and Chemical Technology – textbook for universities and colleges in Ukraine (in Russian) // Kyiv, Vyssha shkola, 1986.