Direction of Education: Automation and Computer-Integrated Technologies
Level: Bachelor - first cycle of higher education
College: Chemical Technology
Speciality: Computer-Integrated Technologies of Sustainable Chemical Production Complexes
Program Duration: 3 years and 10 months in full-time mode (about 250 ECTS credits)
The requirements: Complete general secondary education. On a competitive basis.
Theoretical study (227,5 credits ECTS) on the subjects of in-class training (lectures, seminars, laboratory works and practical classes) as well as independent work of students. Educational program consists of normative part and optional part. Normative part includes humanitarian and socio-economic block of subjects, natural block and block of professional subjects. Theoretical training which provides the basic qualification training comprises 162,5 credits ECTS. Block of disciplines that provides the advanced training is 57 credits ECTS and optional courses (20 credits ECTS).
Doing the course works in the disciplines: Algorithmization and software development (1 credit ECTS), System analysis of complex chemical engineering systems (1 credit ECTS); course project in the discipline: Production unit processes and equipment of automation objects (1 credit ECTS).
Passing of work practice - 4,5 credits ECTS.
Doing the final thesis for bachelor degree (7,5 credits ECTS).
Credits are given to a student in case of the successful assessment of the education course (written/oral tests or exams), positive evaluation of academic year papers, positive evaluation of report on the work practice. A final test includes the defense of a bachelor thesis.
Knowledge and Comprehension
- Concepts of modelling and simulation of processes and systems
- Fundamentals of industrial application of modern computer integrated technologies
- Methods and instrumentation of process-dependent parameters measurement, concepts of construction and application of industrial control equipment and systems
- Methods of automatic control theory, methods of analysis and synthesis of automatic control systems
- Production unit processes and equipment of automation objects
- Conceptual design and operation of plant automation systems, means and principles of of control of engineering facilites
- Computer integrated methods of experimental data processing
- Concepts of algorithmization and modern programming languages, principles and fundamentals of object-oriented programming
- Modern industrial computer integrated systems architecture
- Models and methods of optimization, operations research and their application
- Principles and fundamentals of system analysis of complex chemical engineering systems
- Architectures and protocols in modern local and global computer networks, methods of data transmission in communication networks
- Data base organization, data base control systems
Knowledge and Comprehension Application
- To be able to allaborate mathematical models of processes and systems using computer technology
- To be able to apply methods of analysis and synthesis of automatic control systems
- To be able to control systems software and hardware development
- To be able to allaborate and analyse functional flow diagrams
- To be able to research models subject to hierarchical structure and the findings range of applicability estimation
- To be able to apply computer integrated methods of experimental data processing
- To be able to elaborate software and to use application and task-level programming packages for decision support, to debug and test the created software
- To be able to apply mathematical optimization methods for decision making tasks in complex systems
- To be able to identify parameters of the object mathematical model
- To be able to carry out system analysis of processes and chemical engineering systems
- To be able to elaborate data and knowledge bases, to design logical and physical structure of data bases, to choose data bases control systems, to choose local and global computer networks structure
- The ability to use professional-profiled knowledge and practical skills in mathematics, chemistry, physics, system analysis, design and decision making for complex computer integrated systems of various nature on the basis of system methodology
- The ability to make generalization in case of interaction of processes with various nature
The Program in detail by courses can be found in "Education/Courses" section.
Academic Rights: Access to the master educational program
Professional Rights: Bachelor in Automation and Computer-Integrated Technologies